Monday 30 January 2012

Carmine: January Box

I received my January Carmine box this weekend, and first thoughts? Well, I didn't really know what to think, to be honest.
Let me explain ....








First up is the Westlab Himalayan Bath salts. You simply pour the whole contents into your bath and they claim to turn it into a little detox session for you and maintain soft healthy skin. Now, these bath salts look pretty funky, with their pink colouring and all. But being a shower kind of girl, I'm not sure if these will ever get used or not. Westlab are offering 30% off their detox kit online at: www.westlabshop.com. Use code 4321 to claim this.








Next, an item that I have never received in a beauty box before, Eldora False lashes. I love the shape of these, and as a hugeee false lash fan, I will definitely be trying these bad boys out. I know Carmine mixed up the boxes a bit by using different style lashes, so I'd be interested to know how you got on with yours. I thought these may have been a more luxurious branded lash, but after checking the website, they sell for cheaper than the ones I usually purchase, around £3.90.
Use code eldoracarmine2012 for 50% off the full Eldora range when you spend £15 or more. Available from www.eldorashop.co.uk . Exp Feb 29th




Sooooo, the Balance me face oil (5ml). An item I feel other beauty boxes would have chucked in as a freebie, instead of counting it as one of our 5 'luxurious' items. But anyhow, The 100% natural face oil claims to dramatically improve your skin and make you literally glow. Massage onto skin before using moisturiser.
I am a bit gutted that I can't use this item, thanks to my skin producing too much natural oil of it's own! It is a rollerball type applicator which I think is a pretty nifty idea. And despite only vaguely being able to get a whiff of the sent because of it's applicator, the sent I smell, I like! It has a Bio-oil type smell to it.
Use code CARMINE 2012 for 10% off the full size face oil at www.balanceme.co.uk. Exp March 1st.





Now here is an item I have seen before. In the Boudoir prive box I believe? The Korres wild rose moisturising and brightening face cream. I do really rate this product, and if you fancy getting your hands on one, enter my first ever giveaway (see below), where this product is among others I will be giving away.
This organic face cream will not only brighten and repair your complexion, it will also pump up the hydration for a full 24hours, apparently! Because I only use this item on dry skin days, I'm not sure of the effects it will have on your skin with continued use.
We also received a £5.00 off voucher code with every purchase over £25 with Korres. Type WILDROSE6 at the checkout www.houseoffraser.co.uk
valid until 31/03/2012







Lastly, an item I have fallen in loveee with, the Eyeko Fat Eye Stick, in Old Gold. This creamy stick, glides on very smoothly, without any tugging what so ever, and leaves a lovely intense colour. After fiddling about for a while, I realised, nooo I won't have to dig out my super sized pencil sharpener, you just twist the bottom, and up it pops! A bit like a lipstick, I guess? The colour I received is Old Gold, which I don't think would have been my first choice if purchasing this item, but after having a little play around with, I really like. I think that aswell as an all over shadow, it will look good as an eyeliner, too. It is really easy to blend the colour, I had a go with the Smudger brush from our Jolie Box, and it worked great!


So overall, I had mixed feeling about this box. the 2 items I liked (the lashes and eyestick), I REALLY liked, but the over 3 items I felt were a bit tight. But hey that's just my personal opinion. 

What do ya'l think of this box??


1 comment: